Did you start your business because it was a step toward what you want to achieve or because it flowed from the person you are and the purpose you hold? Alex Drummond joins me this week to share how he is helping the next generation of entrepreneurs discover their stories and take steps to realize the purpose they hold.
In this episode, you’ll learn how to reclaim a can-do, why-not lens that will help you understand your identity. Your passion and purpose don’t have to be world-changing, but knowing what they are will help you shape a life worth living.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How Alex went from refereeing in the NCAA to working with high school students to help them learn these lessons of self-discovery.
- About Alex’s camper van conversion and the freedom it offered throughout the pandemic.
- What adults can learn from the mindsets of student entrepreneurs.
- Why he spends the first 3 weeks of his class on identity and vulnerability.
- The reasons your journey and the steps you take are the only things that matters in self-discovery.
- And why you can’t do it alone.
- His strategy for making friends that offer experience and wisdom that can enrich his journey.
- Why your self-identity is so much more important than any external factors in your entrepreneurship and life.
- The common misconceptions we hold about purpose.
- What may be under the massive shift we’re seeing in the workforce and workplace today.