You may have never heard a kid say they want to be a salesperson when they grow up, but my guest this week is determined to change that. Brandon Fluharty dropped in to share his secrets to becoming a sales guru - and it all starts with becoming a good, grounded person.
Once an aspiring World Cup soccer player, he uses what he learned as an athlete to develop a healthier approach to work and sales. This discussion will transform the way you tackle sales and help you feel better while you do it.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why Brandon is so passionate about sales and changing the negativity that surrounds it.
- No sales techniques and tactics. It’s about building connections, not a persona.
- His journey to killing it as a salesperson, even if he still sometimes struggles with imposter syndrome.
- What he learned from his time as a professional soccer player in Romania and how he applies it to his life now.
- A sneak peek of Be Focused, Live Great, Brandon and his wife’s upcoming project.
- How hustle culture caused a personal health crisis in 2011 and how this crisis prompted a critical change in his approach to life.
- About the importance of resting and conditioning as a professional.
- The benefits of having “flexipline” in your life and schedule.
- How following a Plan, Rest, Effort, and Reform structure can empower your best work.
- Why you should always pay yourself first both financially and with your time.
Brandon on LinkedIn