Did you know people of color make up less than 40% of all freelancers? Join me and 13-year freelancing veteran, Anthony Sills, as we consider the why behind this number and how we can help make freelancing a viable career option for everyone in every community.
Today, you’ll also learn how to be mindful about building your own business processes, how to create long-term client relationships, and the reasons you should always ask, “Why?”
In today’s episode, you’ll hear:
- Why cultural pressures can minimize the value of freelancing for many people of color.
- Why freelancing limits the risks of relying on the “security” of employment.
- Why sharing your success as a freelancer can inspire others to pursue their dreams, particularly as people of color.
- Why freelancing is less about money and more about how you value your time.
- Why Anthony continues to fight culturally dismissive attitudes around his work as a black freelancer.
- Why you should build business systems that work for you, rather than making you work for your business.
- Why discovering how you can bring value to your clients starts with conversation. (Hint: It’s all about asking, “Why?”)
Buy Anthony's book, Content Clarity
Anthony on LinkedIn