This week, you get to meet sister duo and creative powerhouse, Carly DeFilippo and Lauren DeFilippo Jackson. Together, they run Cognoscenti Creative, a small creative studio. Though entrepreneurship is in their blood, it definitely wasn’t their plan. Join us as Lauren and Carly share what led them to start a business together and how they developed the skills they use to wow clients. You’ll learn how they both moved incrementally from employment to freelancing and how this journey shapes their business today.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Who Carly and Lauren are and how they complement each other in life and work.
- How they went from working and freelancing separately to starting Cognoscenti Creative together.
- What they learned from employment and how it empowers them to develop incredible brands.
- How they knew when it was time to focus on full-time independent work.
- About the group of female entrepreneurs that inspires, encourages and supports them on their journey.
- How they surround themselves with the right projects and clients.
- Why they aren’t a full-service agency - and why being transparent about that is essential.
- The problems with faking your strengths and hiding your weaknesses as a freelancer.
- Tips for succeeding and growing in 2022.
- Why starting their business was a step-by-step process and not a head-first dive into independent work.
Lauren DeFilippo Jackson