Happy International Women’s Day! Today’s guest is a seven-year freelance copywriter and passionate supporter of women’s empowerment. As a self-professed “Type Z” person, Sarah Robb uses her quirkiness to help brands create content that makes a real difference.
She met with me this week to share why her experiences in a stifling, male-dominated work environment led her to freelance, how she finds the right clients, and what she loves about living that #bosslesslife.
In today’s episode, you’ll hear:
- The evolution of Sarah’s brand and how it helped her find clients that appreciate her quirkiness.
- What sour gummies, slang, and hot dogs have to do with copywriting.
- Ways to use words to create content that people want to connect and engage with.
- How a traditional job affected her creative energy, even in an agency she loved.
- Her 20/20 hindsight on the ups and downs that defined her early freelance career.
- The trick to understanding and demanding your worth as a freelancer.
- ...and why always getting enthusiastic yeses from clients about increasing your rate is a problem.
- All of the great experiences her business allows her to enjoy as an avid outdoorswoman.
- Why working in a male-dominated environment, even with great coworkers, made her passionate about women’s empowerment.
- How learning to say no can set you up to say “Hell yes!” to great opportunities.
Sarah on LinkedIn
Sarah on Instagram