When the pandemic left copywriter Samantha Tseng underemployed, she took control of her career. In less than a year, she built a five-figure freelance business with clients from around the world (including Mercedes-Benz). She joins the podcast this week to share how she turned adversity into opportunity.
As she tells her story, I know you’ll be as inspired as I was by her maturity, tenacity, and overall mindset. Samantha takes turning passions into profit to a new level, using her experiences and talents to benefit everyone around her.
<tweet-link>In today’s episode, you’ll hear:<tweet-link></tweet-link></tweet-link>
- The reasons she moved from local to remote freelancing.
- How offering new skills grew her business and led to her getting hired by Mercedes-Benz.
- Why recognizing every client as an equal can boost your confidence.
- About overgiving to clients and how that disrupts the balance of a freelancer-client relationship.
- The truth about becoming an expert in your field.
- How social justice, writing, and helping entrepreneurs that care about social justice define her work and passions.
- Her trick to choosing jobs that result in the kind of samples clients want to see.
- Strategies for building a community that helps you succeed.
- The dangers of copying every business tactic recommended by successful entrepreneurs.
- Why Samantha is giving her business course away for free — and where to find it.
Samantha on Fiverr